Friday 4 March 2011

Poetry

This is one of my recent poems.  I am partly including it on this blog so that I can see if poetry displays properly on Blogger/Blogspot sites.  I had problems in this respect on Blog.com, in that the software couldn't deal with stanza breaks! 

Anyway, if poetry does display properly on this blog then I might start up a new poetry blog here, in addition to my Tripod poetry site - http://paulapuddephatt.tripod.com/poetry.  I'm always looking for alternative ways in which to share my work, and there have been indications that Tripod may not always offer their current web-building facility for free customers.  And I can't afford to pay for web space!!!

Anyway, here it is:

Why Can’t We?

Why can’t we all just get along?
Why can’t we all be friends?
I heard the line “Thou shalt not kill” –
not, “Oh well, it depends…”

I’m sick of funding pointless wars
until this country’s broke,
and can’t afford an NHS
that works.  What kind of joke

is this supposed to be, and must
we blow The Planet up to
test out which, if any,
religious text is true?

1 comment:

  1. It looks fine to me - so watch this space for a Paula poetry blog!!! :-)

    I am also hoping to develop my WordPress blog, but apparently I've got my password wrong, and now I'm waiting for them to send a new one...

    ReplyDelete