Wednesday 23 February 2011

How do you reconcile this?

I'm still stuck on the little kid one: "Why does God let bad things happen?"  I'm still stuck on feeling like I'm being punished whenever something goes wrong in my life.  I'm stuck on why so many bad things happen to good people - and animals.  Why is life so unfair sometimes?  I can reason all of this out, but I keep going around in circles and coming back to the same issues. 

Sometimes my faith in God/Great Spirit, The Goddess, The Divine - call it/Him/Her what you will - sometimes that faith feels so strong - but why isn't it more constant?  Why do I get so confused?  I don't stop believing that there is a Higher Power.  I actually almost doubt that the Higher Power is on my side!!!  And I do look at the "bigger picture", but I see so much suffering out there sometimes, and I don't know how to stop myself from feeling depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment